Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snow Day

Woke up today to find a large amount of snow on the ground (large as in for the Chicago area, not 8ft New York snow). Normally a morning like that would hold promises of hours of shoveling snow, building a snowman or two, do some sledding and work on my snowskate skills, and maybe a nice winter hike wrapping up with a nice cup of hot chocolate and a movie. I saw a lot of schools were closed so I'm sure many are enjoying similar scenarios. Alas my current employer doesn't believe in snow days so instead I had to leave for work extra early to make sure I got in on time. It's now lunch time and the snow is still coming down. I wish I had come a bit more prepared and I could have used my lunch time to get out and have my small snow day. I may still get out for a bit but next time I'll be prepared. Hope you are enjoying the snow if you're at home.

No comments:

Apture