Tuesday, February 13, 2007
retreat
We are gearing up for a high school retreat this weekend. We being the guys from the Sojourn band. We were asked to play this same retreat two years ago and we had a blast, so I'm glad we get the chance to do it again. We were practicing a few days ago and after we played through about 8 songs of the ones we are thinking of doing, Kevin noticed, "so right now we are all Crowder and Worship Circle" my response to that was "sounds about right". We seem to have this problem a lot. All the songs we do happen to come from those two artists. While shows our appreciation for the two it does mean we need to expand our repertoire a bit more. In an effort to remedy that I have been listening to KLOVE the last few days hoping to be exposed to a larger sample of worship songs. I have enjoyed listening and it seems that Christian radio and Christian music has come a long way, which is good. There's still some songs that are pretty stereotypical and I have to change the station, but for the most part it has been refreshing. I got to KLOVE while looking for a song I had heard at a worship service I attended two weeks ago. I'm sure we'll be doing some of those songs soon as well. I also got an email today from a friend who writes some songs, sharing his new ones with me, so hopefully pretty soon we'll be branching out more.

1 comment:
Any concerts planned for the west coast?
Post a Comment