Thursday, December 21, 2006

Digi Upgrade



After a little over four years of faithful service I have retired my digital camera. The Canon Digital Elph S230 served me well. I found it to be a great camera, perfect size and good picture quality. Since I liked it so much when it came time to upgrade I just looked at the newer models of the same line. I decided on the SD600. Not the latest and greatest in that line, but a big upgrade and from all the reviews I read it is a very good buy. It's a 6.0 MP camera, which is more than enough for my photography needs, it's also slimmer which is nice. There's not much different from the front of the camera, but when you turn it around you see the big difference which is the much larger lcd screen. It also uses an sd card instead of the bigger CF. The only limitation my old camera had was the 30 second limit on movie mode. The new camera has unlimited video as much as your card can hold. I actually saw a blog where they documented their son's adoption on video using the same camera. Pretty cool stuff. I got a 2GB sd card from Fry's to go with the camera so I shouldn't have any problems with videos.
I'm looking forward to taking pictures with the new camera, but I will have to make a picture homage to my old camera which turned out to be a very good purchase. Elizabeth and I decided to give the old camera away so that it can help someone else make some good memories, I know it won't let them down.

No comments:

Apture