
Last weekend I gathered up all my trusty Nalgene bottles and put them away for good. There's been a lot of coverage about those bottles and the cancer causing BPA from which they are made. The news came out several months ago, and I didn't deem it necessary to stop using them, figuring it was just another health scare. The reports have intensified these last few weeks and seems we've been getting a lot of news agencies trying to use our bottle collection process as a backdrop for their news reports. Anyway last week I read that Nalgene was pulling all those bottles from the shelves of retailers nationwide. I took that to be a pretty good sign I shouldn't use them anymore. They are making new BPA-free bottles so look out for those, of course you can also use the old school milky-white Nalgene bottles or pick up a cool Sigg bottle, like the ones in front here.
Nalgene and other Lexan bottles have been a staple of our generation, kind of sad to see their demise.
2 comments:
I'm still skeptical, but since you have locked up all my beloved nalgenes, I'll take this one.
good to know.... i guess i need to look for new ways of drinking of water in the vineyard
Post a Comment