Monday, October 10, 2011

Josh Garrels



http://joshgarrels.bandcamp.com/

A 2 hour car ride with some of the highschoolers this past weekend revealed some interesting details about their musical tastes. First of all I’m surprised at the amount of Christian music on their ipods, I certainly didn’t listen to much Christian music when I was in high school, in fact even today I would say its not a huge part of my listening habits. I’m trying to change that and thanks to friends, noise trade, podcasts and some blogs I’m coming across some great Christian music. I’ll have to make sure to share these with the kids at youth group.

First one I will share is Josh Garrels. He’s giving away his latest recording for free on bandcamp and it’s fantastic. I think fans of BonIver, Josh Ritter, and John Butler Trio will find his music right up their alley. I was introduced to his music through a combination of podcasts and my friend Dan's blog. Seems like everyone's talking about him and it's not surprising. Go get this free download.

No comments:

Apture