
Allow me to nerd out for a bit. Last week I had to do a presentation for work. I usually do these by hooking up a usb stick to the projector in the conference room and run the slides off of that - pretty simple. When I went to set everything up the projector wasn't working, so I tried to troubleshoot but couldn't figure out what was wrong. So I needed to come up with an alternative. I decided to hook up my computer to the tv in the conference room - problem solved. Well new problem created, because since I wasn't using the projector I didn't have a remote anymore, and my computer had to be close to the tv. THis made changing slides a bit of a challenge. I remembered there were some Iphone apps that act as a remote for powerpoint. So I checked them out and downloaded and installed MyPoint. MyPoint saved the day, I had my whole presentation up on my Iphone and I could move slides and see the next slides all at the same time. It worked great and I look forward to using it more in the future.

No comments:
Post a Comment