Sunday, April 26, 2009

Buckley's Dog Bowls



A few weekends ago when Elizabeth's family was here, her dad helped me complete a project I had been wanting to do for a while. I had seen these dog bowl risers made out of old wine crates in various design blogs. You can buy them several places but they are pretty expensive, the cheapest ones go for about $60, but they are commonly found around $100. If you buy the materials yourself you can make them for a total cost of around $10.



I think they turned out great, and the height seems to be a perfect fit for Buckley. I have the thank Elizabeth's dad for making the cuts much better than I could have. We replaced the top with a piece of plywood to add strength, and then I sealed the whole thing with pine colored stain - to protect from water.

No comments:

Apture