Thursday, July 24, 2008

macbook woes


My macbook is in perfect working order again. While the problem wasn't a huge deal it was quite the ordeal to get it back to normal. It took 3 visits to the apple store in 2 weeks. The problem was that red light you see in the picture above. That light is coming from the headphone jack. When that light is on the speakers on the macbook don't work and the only way to hear anything is to plug in headphones. When it first started out everything would be fine until I plugged in headphones, then when I took them out the light would come on. After a while the red light was on all the time, so the speakers didn't work at all. A quick search on the internet showed that this was problem that many were having but the responses varied from a logic board problem to just something hooking on the headphone jack. The easy fix was to plug the headphone in and pull it out a few times. I tried that - it didn't work. Finally decided to make an appoitntment. They told me to try that, the headphone jack trick. I was not very pleased with that "fix" but I tried it anyway, was never able to get it to work. So I went in again, this time they decided to keep it a few days and switch out the logic board - which is a pain but it worked. The only bad thing is that when I got the computer back the speaker issue was fixed, but now the bluetooth didn't work. In I went again, they dissassembled it and messed with the connections and now it is working again. I'm glad apple is able to take care of all these problems and its just a minor inconvinience, but I thought they were supposed to be a superior product that shouldn't have so many problems. I'm just waiting to see what else can go wrong.

No comments:

Apture