As I mentioned earlier, I went to see State Radio a few weeks ago. State Radio is one of my favorite bands. They played a cover song which was really catchy. I had to go home and look it up. Turns out it was "The Harder they Come" by Jimmy Cliff. I didnt recognize who Jimmy Cliff was but I researched him anyway and bought the song off of Itunes. Turns out I did know another of Jimmy Cliff's songs, you probably do too - "I can see clearly now". Anyway as I kept reading up on him I came across an article on NPR. There was also another article there that caught my eye. It was talking about Dubside of the Moon, a remake of Pink Floyd's classic album. You can here a few songs on the website, I was hooked. I usually don't care for cover cd's but for some reason this one sounded like they really did it justice. Definitely a good summer cd. I asked around with a few of my friends to see if anyone knew about this and to my surprise a large majority had heard it and enjoyed it. Anyway this set me off on a reggae spree. I remembered a few songs I had heard on Pandora that I liked - Old Tattoo by Culture and Ring the Alarm and a few others, so I looked them up and got them from Itunes. Now I have to work on making a reggae compilation to take out to California at the end of the month.

No comments:
Post a Comment