Friday, October 21, 2005

MLB Championship

So the White Sox made it to the "World Series". Good for them, I'm not officially jumping on that bandwagon though. I'll root for them because it's been a long time since they've been there just like I rooted for the Red Sox last year, but I didn't watch any of the games last year and most likely won't watch any this year either. I guess I just don't like baseball - there I said it, call me unAmerican if you must. Now I do enjoy going to a game with a group of friends, its fun, but I rarely pay attention to the game.

Why does every professional sports league in this country believe that they are it as far as the sport goes? It's called the "World Series" yet the only teams that have the possibility of getting there are all teams from the US and one from Canada. It's not just baseball, all the sports do that, the "World Champion San Antonio Spurs" or the World Cup in soccer, well no I guess that's ok.

No comments:

Apture